Anyone getting pierced or having jewelry inserted into a piercing must provide proof of age and identification. This includes minors!
In order to be pierced or have jewelry inserted into a piercing you must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid photo ID. Acceptable identification includes the following:
- Driver’s license
- State issued identification card
- Military identification card
Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian and must provide identification and proof of age and relationship to the guardian in order to be pierced or have jewelry inserted into a piercing. Acceptable identification and proof of age and relationship includes the following:
- Any of the forms of acceptable identification listed above from both parent and minor on which either last names or addresses match.
- If the parent has a different last name and address than the minor then legal documentation (birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce papers, adoption papers, etc.) must be provided to verify the relationship.
- If the legal guardian is not the parent the adoption papers must be provided to verify the guardian’s legal right to sign for the minor.
- A school issued photo ID or yearbook picture accompanied by a birth certificate is acceptable identification for minors younger than driving age.
AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIFIC PIERCINGS
Age requirements are subject to change. Current age requirements are as follows:
18 years of age or older with proper identification
- Microdermal (single point) piercings
- Surface piercings
- Nipple piercings
- Genital piercings
14 years of age or older with parental consent and proper identification
- Earlobe piercings (no larger than 10 gauge)
- Ear cartilage piercings
- Navel piercings
- Facial piercings
- Oral piercings
Minors under 14 years of age with parental consent and proper identification
- Earlobes (18, 16 or 14 gauge only) Minors must be old enough to request and consent to the piercing and understand how to care for them while they are healing.
JEWELRY SALES ARE FINAL with the exception of jewelry that is defective and some gifts (discussed below). We guarantee all Surgical Steel, Niobium, Titanium, and Gold jewelry against manufacturers defects for 1 year, so be sure to hang on to your receipt! Defective jewelry will be repaired or replaced.
IF YOU ARE PURCHASING A GIFT and are unsure of the size or style, please ask us to seal the jewelry in a clear pouch. In this case, the jewelry may be exchanged as long as the pouch is unopened.
ALL RETURNS OR EXCHANGES MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RECEIPT!